n R elease 1.1 JULY 2017
- PAGE 1 - LNS4 Network cable rules & Specification Actionpac LNS4 Network cable Spec: Non Fire Rated Cable: belden 8471NH, 2 core, 1.3mm2 conductor size Fire Rated Cable Options: prysmian (pirelli) fp200 gold, 2 core, 1.5mm2 prysmian (pirelli) fp200 plus, 2 core, 1.5mm2
firetuf ft30, 2 core, 1.5mm2 conductor size firetuf ft120, 2 core, 1.5mm2 conductor size warning: the Actionpac LNS4 System is a life safety smoke/fire damper control & monitoring system and the network cables we supply are fundamental to the stable and reliable operation of the system. there are no alternatives or equivalents acceptable. use of any other cables will void all warranties and such cables will have to be replaced to allow stable and reliable operation. refer to Sfdi installation instructions and datasheet. ATIVE S’
- All devices to be wired in a “daisy chain” i.e. in and out.
- Standard network rules apply i.e. network cables must NOT be run alongside any high voltage and/or high frequency sources. If SFDI’s are wired in areas of high voltage such as plant rooms/lift lobbies, network cable must be installed in dedicated conduit.
- Network cable types must NOT be mixed on a cable segment. If extended a network cable it must be of the same type as the original cable.
- Maximum TOTAL wire length for cable segment = 500M
- Maximum distance SFDI to SFDI or any other field device = 400M
- If > 60 SFDI’s or any other field devices and/or a cable segment length of > 500M a network extender must be used.
- SFDI ’s must be wired on a dedicated power supply. n R elease 1.1 JULY 2017
- PAGE 2 - Unit 33, Southern Cross Business Park, Bray, Co. Wicklow, A98 HT99, Ireland T: +353 1 2761600 F: +353 1 2761611 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.safegard.ie Complies with European standards WARNING: The responsible body shall be made aware that, if the equipment is used in a manner not specified by the manufacturer, the protection provided by the equipment may be impaired. The information herein is subject to change without notice. We do not assume any liability arising out of the use of this product. Purchase of goods and services is subject to Safegard Systems standard terms and conditions. Product warranty 12 months from date of delivery. Swegon Air Management, South Street, Whitstable, Kent, CT5 3DU, UK T: 01227 276100 F: 01227 264262 E: email@example.com www.actionair.co.uk Actionair and Safegard are brand names of Swegon Air Management and Safegard Systems respectively and both companies are part of the Swegon Group.